• Dr. Khorram was recently awarded a research grant from the National Institutes of Health. This research deals with how the environment of the uterus affects the development of certain diseases in adult life. The title of his grant is, “Gluccorticoids and Programming of the Hypertensive Vascular Phenotype”.
• Dr. Khorram was the lead author on a recently published manuscript entitled “Nutrient Restriction In Utero Induces Remodeling of the Vascular Extracellular Matrix in Rat Offspring” Reproductive Sciences. 14(1):73-80 (2007). This manuscript was recognized as the most outstanding scientific contribution to the journal, and received the Rogerio A. Lobo Award.
• Dr. Hak-Nam Kim assumed the position of Laboratory Director of University Fertility Center as of April of 2009.
• Dr. Khorram was selected to serve on the editorial board of the journals Reproductive Sciences and Journal of DOHAD.
• Dr. Khorram was promoted to the rank of Professor at UCLA School of Medicine.
• The IVF/Andrology laboratory received accreditation from The Joint commission. The surgical facility (Skypark Surgery Center) was accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
• Dr. Khorram was awarded a research grant from the American Heart Association-Western Affiliate entitled, “Role of miRNA 29c in Vascular Remodeling in Maternal Undernourished Offspring
• Dr. Khorram was appointed as the Interim Chair of the department of Ob/Gyn at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center effective September 9, 2011.